Rose water has been used nutritionally, medicinally, and cosmetically since the days of Cleopatra, and believed to even be a part of her daily routine. Though the benefits are endless, here’s a quick list of why you need to incorporate this liquid gold into your wellness and beauty regimen today!
10 Benefits of Rose Water
Helps soothe skin irritation
- Soothes sore throats
- Reduces skin redness
- Helps prevent and treats infections
- Contains antioxidants
- Heals cuts, scars, and burns
- Enhances mood
- Relieves headaches
- Has anti-aging properties
- Soothes digestion problems
Rose water is considered safe. There are no known risks for the general population to use it either topically or by ingesting it. The only exception is if you are allergic to the substance.
Use it as…
facial cleanser or toner
- in recipes, such as hibiscus iced tea with rose water.
- a rose water mist by adding it to a spray bottle.
- to mist on your wrists, face, or even onto your pillow.
Now that you know all the benefits of rose water, lets make some!
- Distilled or drinking water
- Large metal vegetable steamer
- Measuring cup
- Large metal canning stockpot with cover
- Plastic baggie filled with ice
- Plastic gloves
- Coffee filter
- Glass or plastic bottles to store rose water hydrosol
Place rose petals at the bottom of a large stock pot and cover with distilled water. Let soak for 1 hour
- Place place wide mouth glass bowl inside the pot, place the lid and turn on fire to start gentle boil
- When solution starts steaming, remove pot lid and place upside down on pot. The steam will rise to the lid, condensate, and then drip unto the glass bowl below.
- Add bag of ice and place on top of lid to speed up condensation and collect more rose water.
- After 30-45 minutes or when water stops collecting in pot, turn off fire and allow rose water to cool
- Filter cooled rose water with a coffee filter in a colander.
- Finally, use a sanitized funnel to store your DIY rose water.
- Place in refrigerator for 3 to 5 days for maximum freshness.
Self-care is the best care, and usually ten minutes is all you need…so take it! You’re totally worth it!
Catch the Instagram Live Replay below and leave me a comment! Let me know if you've tried this or if you would. Thanks again for pulling up!